2.08.2008

salad ballad

okay i admit to recent blog craziness...
i just wanted to thank those who recently contributed to my salad brainstorming session. No names have been changed. Hopefully, I'll continue to add different salads to the list. But, for tonight, just so you know, I have already chosen the Moroccan carrot recipe.

thank you all.



Chelsea: i just had an amazing salad with crispy calamari, yellow peppers, red peppers, olives on arugala with a thick, sweet balsamic vinegarette
me: yum!could i sub out calamari for something?like sweet potato, or prob not?prob something salty
Chelsea: yea--maybe anchovies?or onion crispsthe salad i like from cosi has pistachios, cranberries, blue cheesewith a vinegarette



Carolyn: mmmmletme think
me: think veggie
Carolyn: /go to one of my fave websitesoo look at this farro-and-roasted-butternut-squash-recipe.html not typical salad, but it was in the categoryand looks tasty red-rice-salad-recipe.html
me: coooool
Carolyn: oh yumm moroccan-baby-carrot-salad-recipe.html alot of their salads look awesome

(i also saw this one, spring-roll-salad, oh man.)



Tom: well, i've always been a fan of goat cheese with bakes sweet potato and some other greens tomatoes and nutsmaybe some olive oil and balsamic
me: yum, so like wedges?or maybe round slices of sweetpim going big on presentation
Tom: cut it up into cubes and bake it under the broilier or something
me: okokgood one, thanks
Tom: anytime
me: any preferred greens?
Tom: i mean, i've always been a fan of red romain lettuce, i dont like those mixed bag greens, the piece are always too big to fit in the mouth



Andy: Hmmm...I have a Turkish cookbook... you want me to thumb through it?
me: oh, yes, sure Sent at 3:54 PM on Friday
Andy: Tomato salad?Kind of a tomato/lemon theme
me: so what are some key ingredients?
Andy: 6 tomatoes, 1 lemon, some "desalted white cheese", dillweed, parsley, olive oil, basil...
me: over greens?
Andy: No, the tomatoes are the salad.
me: oh, sounds amazing
Andy: want to see the picture?



me: i need salad ideas
Beth: well i have them right here....come and get them

(well beth.. not helpful, but thanks for the invite to sf)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

turkish tomato salad....INESCAPABLE. delicious, yes, but variety is nice, too, on yet another hot summer day...

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home